No.AR-3/GEN-331/16 (Vol-I) Dated.Kohima, the 9th July, 2019
SUBJECT:- Constitution of Manpower Rationalization Committee (MRC)
1. The State Government had constituted the Manpower Rationalization Committee vide this Department’s Notification No. AR-3/GEN-58/2001 dated 20-02-2016, with the Chief Secretary as the Chairman and the Administrative Heads of the Departments of Planning & Coordination, Finance, Personnel & Administrative Reforms, Home and the Commissioner, Nagaland as members.
2. The Manpower Rationalization Committee had been essentially set up to undertake in-depth analysis and appraisal of proposals submitted by various departments with regard to (a) creation of posts (b) upgradation of posts and (c) recommendations made by Cadre Review Committees, subsequent to detailed examination and scrutiny of the same by the Departments of P&AR and Finance.
3. The Manpower Rationalization Committee, while carrying out such an exercise in respect of a particular department, had taken into consideration the following aspects prior to submission of its recommendations.
4. Now, with the view to further facilitate the Manpower Rationalization Committee in making appropriate recommendations based on informed evaluations/ assessments of facts and figures, all departments should place proposals before the Committee concerned as per the prescribed formats that had been suitably revised and attached as Annexure-I, Annexure-II and Annexure-III. Accordingly, all pending proposals are being returned so that fresh proposals as
per this O.M. may be submitted.
5. A Department, furthermore, should ensure that proposals for creation of posts and post-upgradations are initiated only after a comprehensive manpower-rationalization exercise of its own is conduced, details of which should be presented before the P&AR Department, Finance department and the Manpower Rationalization Committee in the course of submission of such proposals.
Sd/- TEMJEN TOY, IAS
Chief Secretary to the Govt. of Nagaland